I created this BLT & Chips Casserole for Better Homes & Gardens, and it has been a hit with families all over. I think it's in the playful way it takes the flavors and ingredients we love in a BLT sandwich and marries them in a homey, comforty egg casserole - with crunchy Kettle Chips! Make this for breakfast, brunch or #dinner. It's great any time of day. I like to stir in more fresh arugula to up the greens. Feel free to swap out the cheddar cheese for fresh or dry mozzarella, gouda or fontina - yum. If I'm making this for a special brunch or I'm feeling #EXTRA, I use Benton's Bacon. WHOAAAA! Y'all enjoy.
Prep: 20 mins Bake: 50 mins to 55 mins at 350°F Stand: 10 mins to 15 mins
- 10 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Kettle Brand Sea Salt potato chips (3 ounces)
- 3 cups fresh arugula, shredded
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I like NatureSweet Cherubs or Comets)
- 10 strips of bacon, coarsely chopped; crisp-cooked and drained
- ¼ cup snipped fresh basil
- Arugula, snipped fresh parsley and/or cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and cayenne.
Gently fold in the potato chips, making sure they are completely covered by the egg mixture.
Stir in arugula, cheese, cherry tomatoes, bacon, and basil. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Bake about 50 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Top with additional arugula, parsley and cherry tomatoes.