These wings are lip-smacking good. And are perfect for Game Day, like the Super Bowl. Their inspired by my nephews Cannon and Carder who helped me come up with the winning combination of the spicy and the sweet for the sauce. Be sure to make a double batch of the sauce for extra dipping. Easy to make...fun to eat for everyone!
- 2 batches of Spicy Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 1½ -2 lbs. chicken wings (8 wings total) - rinsed, dried and separated at the wing joint to create 16 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- ¼ cup finely grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon whole cilantro leaves
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Sprinkle the chicken wings with Kosher salt on both sides. Place them in a 9"x13" roasting pan.
Pour half of the dipping sauce over the wings. Using a wooden spoon, toss until the wings are fully coated.
Place the wings in the oven. Roast for 40-45 minutes until they are slightly charred and the thick of the meat is cooked through. Stir with a wooden spoon every 15 minutes to ensure even roasting.
Remove from the oven. Let stand 5 minutes to slightly cool. Sprinkle the white cheddar and the cilantro leaves on top. Serve with remaining dipping sauce in a small bowl on the side.