Serves 4 - Makes one 10½" pizza
- 1 batch of Spicy Sweet Dipping Sauce (see recipe on main Recipes page)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-oz. frozen white pizza dough, thawed
- 1½ cups shredded extra sharp white cheddar
- 2½-3 cups rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone and chopped (use both breasts of 1 chicken)
- 1½ teaspoons very thinly sliced jalapeno
- 2-3 Tablespoons very thinly sliced red onion
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Grease a 10½" cast iron skillet with olive oil.
Roll the pizza dough out to 12½", about 2 inches larger than the cast iron skillet.
Lay the dough over the skillet, allowing the dough to fall over the sides. Press the dough into the bottom of the skillet – the excess dough will pull into the pan and lay along the sides. Press it into the sides of the pan so it is about 1"-1½" tall. Using a fork, poke several holes into the bottom of the dough so the crust doesn't bubble while baking.
Place the skillet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to finish making the pizza.
Layer ¾ cup of cheese on the bottom of the crust. Place the chicken evenly over the cheese. Pour all but 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce over the chicken. Scatter half of the jalapenos and red onion on top. Layer on the remaining cheese.
Return the skillet to the oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Scatter the remaining jalapeno and red onion on top. Serve in the skillet or remove with a large spatula and place on a large plate or cake stand. Drizzle each slice with the rest of the sauce.