- 1/2 small zucchini (3 oz.)
- 1 small stalk broccoli (about 3 oz.), stem trimmed and peeled, florets broken apart
- 1 small carrot (3 oz.)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Use a box grater to shred zucchini, broccoli stem, and carrot onto a cutting board. Using a chef's knife, give the shredded vegetables and broccoli florets a quick chop. (You should have 2 cups total.) Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Toss in 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and black pepper. With a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in the butter until the pieces resemble coarse crumbs. Fold in the vegetable mixture and the cheese. Gently stir in the yogurt until the mixture is moistened. In the bowl gently knead until it comes together as a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Pat the dough to a 11/4-inch thickness. Using a 21/2-inch diameter cookie cutter or glass, cut dough into rounds, flouring cutter between each cut. Repeat with scraps.
- Arrange biscuits in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cool slightly before serving.