When it comes to gazpacho, fresh is the most important flavor. During the summertime, I especially crave the gazpacho I first tasted in Spain – made with juice ripe tomatoes, sharp onions and sweet peppers along with chunks of freshly baked bread, roasted bits of almond and smoky paprika. Often when I'm entertaining and short on time but want to serve Spanish-style gazpacho, I turn to Garden Fresh Gourmet® Organic Restaurant Style Salsa to get it on the table faster. It saves time on cleaning, dicing and chopping fresh produce and provides a quick base to make delicious gazpacho that guests will love.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 16-ounce containers Garden Fresh Gourmet® organic restaurant style salsa
- 1¼ cups torn pieces of fresh baguette
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ¼ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil + more to garnish
- 1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Finely diced cucumber and fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
Place the salsa in a blender or food processor along with the baguette pieces and almonds. Puree until smooth. Add in the olive oil, sherry, paprika, salt and pepper and blend another 10-15 seconds to fully incorporate. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill at least an hour before serving. Or store in an air tight container overnight.
Pour the gazpacho into small soup cups. Top with cucumber, pieces of cilantro and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with crusty pieces of baguette.