This rustic salad is easy in preparation, yet big and complex in flavor. The bitey taste of the fresh, raw tomatillos is balanced and mellowed by the Garden Fresh Gourmet® Avocado Verde salsa - making this non-traditional panzanella salad a welcomed crowd pleaser. The champagne vinegar adds a bit of brightness to the flavor, too, along with the fresh leaves of parsley. For added depth and a bit of crunch, lightly toast the bread cubes in the oven before making the salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
**Let stand 30 minutes before serving
- 4 cups cubed ciabatta bread
- 2 cups quartered fresh tomatillos
- 2 ripe avocados cut into chunks
- 1 16-ounce container Garden Fresh Gourmet® Avocado Verde
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley
Place the bread cubes, tomatillos and avocado in a large bowl and toss together with a wooden spoon.
Whisk together the Avocado Verde salsa, oil vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Pour over the bread salad and toss gently to coat. Add the salt and pepper and toss again.
Let stand for 30 minutes so the bread can soak up the flavors. Toss in the parsley just before serving. Drizzle with more olive oil if desired.