- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 5-6 whole, peeled garlic cloves
- ¾ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup roughly chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (add more if needed to get to "spicy" level)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Place the tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and onion in a blender or food processor and blend until fully incorporated, about 1 minute. Add the hot sauce, olive oil and salt, blend again. Place in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.