A green version of a traditional tomato-based Michelada made with avocado tomatilla salsa and served in a pitcher with chilled beer mugs rimmed with salted coriander. It’s especially addictive served with crispy tortilla or corn chips.
- 1 24-ounce container of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Avocado Verde Salsa
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1½ ounces of green pepper hot sauce
- 3 12-ounce bottles of pale ale
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 cups of ice
- 1 ripe avocado, skinned, pitted and cut into quarters (optional)
Add the salsa, lime juice and pepper sauce to a blender. Purée 15-20 seconds until smooth. Transfer to a large beer pitcher.
Slowly pour the beer in the pitcher. Gently stir to bring the drink together.
Mix together the coriander and salt. Run a juicy lime around the rim of four beer mugs and dip into the mixture. Add ice to the glasses. Pour the cocktail over the ice. Serve immediately with the avocado slices and chips.